The idea for Fringe was spawned by a trip to Melbourne in 2014 where an inner-city bookshop attendant of The Little Bookroom , imbued with enthusiasm, renewed our dream to create a place where people can share that same enthusiasm for literary culture, but also art and music, critical thought and philosophy. A place for the young, and the young at heart, where discussion is mandatory, passion is overflowing and freedom of expression is valued above all else.
Specifically, we will be reviewing local culture via our blog and upcoming podcast. Discussions will be ignited, some of it controversial, some of it moving but all of it will get you thinking and at its centre, we will be promoting Logan’s finest.
In the near future you will see a review of the Beenleigh Theatre Group’s Beauty and the Beast and keep your eyes peeled for their next show Gypsy coming up in November.
Have you attended the local Eats and Beats events? Or wondered about them? We will be reviewing that too in conjunction with the upcoming local music festival Under This Sky on August 1st and 2nd.
If you, or someone you know might be interested in submitting work for discussion and promotion please do contact us. We are looking for:
- Writers willing to read their work (prose/poetry) on our podcast
- Local authors with books for discussion via the blog
- Musicians with new music to be reviewed, live music included.
- Street artists and visual artists of any kind – submission for discussion on blog & podcast
- Comedians, Philosophers, Speakers
- Actors and local theatre companies with shows we can review
- Anything else you might like to submit!
Our only catch is that you must have been founded in Logan, currently residing in Logan or currently performing in Logan. Any questions? Just shoot us an email.
We look forward to meeting you!
Grant and Ali x